Friday, August 31, 2012

Judikins!

I had the pleasure a few weeks ago of spending time with Judy Watanabe of Judikins at the Heirloom Rubber Stamp convention in Novi! This is the third year I have had the opportunity to learn from her demos at her product booth. She is gracious as well as creative and I absolutely LOVE her inking and stamping techniques. One product that definitely needs mentioning is her MicroGlaze. MicroGlaze is a product that protects your paper art from water. You take a bit of it and rub it on to your paper then buff to a shine. Most use it after working with ink but I wanted to use it after coloring with my Prismacolor pencils. I colored a cute digital stamp bug but wanted to color the background with shimmer spray. So I applied the MicroGlaze with a fine-tipped paint brush and my fingers on the bug only. Afterwards I sprayed the image with Glimmer Mist and low and behold my image resisted the water-based spray! It also did not disturb my coloring with the Prismacolor pencils. Here are pics of the process and a photo of me and Judy.









No comments:

Post a Comment